- Part Time
Applications are now being invited for the post of:
RELIEF STAFF – STAFF NURSES
The appointee will be offered work as the need arises. The post will require the appointee to work varied hours up to 39 hours of a standard 39 hour week to cover shifts on a relief basis. Shifts can include night shifts, twilight shifts, sleepover shifts, weekends, public holidays and early mornings. The successful candidate will be trained to work in the Nursing Units.
St. Mary’s Centre (Telford) is a specialised healthcare facility for visually impaired ladies. Successful applicants will be required to have good communication skills and must satisfy all requirements under the HIQA Regulations with regard to Garda Vetting, References and all documentation required under Schedule 2 of the Health Act 2007 and HIQA Regulations. Applicants for Role of Relief Staff Nurse should have the following:
- Must be registered with N.M.B.I.
- Patient Moving and Manual Handling
- Medication Management
• Experience of Care of the Elderly
• To promote and nurture Person Centred Planning and shared goal setting
• Ability to use own initiative
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills with ability to adapt to new environments
• Care planning Experience
• Report writing experience
• Knowledge and understanding of HIQA Care of the Elderly Standards and Regulations
• Fluent written and spoken English
• Basic Computer skills
• Willingness to engage in Continuous Professional Development and Training
Appointees will be required to attend all mandatory training, any additional training appropriate to the service provided by the Centre and all required refresher training.
For enquiries and job description for the post of Relief Staff Nurse contact the Clinical Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit an application letter with a copy of your Curriculum Vitae with the names of two referees. Salary will be on the appropriate point of the HSE Scale for the position. Closing date for applications Friday 12th of October 2018.
St. Mary’s Centre (Telford) is an equal opportunities employer.