- Part Time
St. Mary’s Centre (Telford) is a Registered Nursing Home and Designated Centre Caring for Adults with Disabilities specialising in care for visually impaired ladies. See website for more details: www.stmarysmerrion.ie Applications are now being invited for the post of:
MULTI-TASK RELIEF STAFF – HEALTH CARE ASSISTANTS
The appointee will be offered work as the need arises. The post will require the appointee to work varied hours up to 78 hours of a standard 78 hour fortnight to cover shifts on a relief basis. Shifts can include night shifts, twilight shifts, weekends, public holidays and early mornings. The successful candidate will be trained to work in the Nursing Units and Assisted Living Unit.
St. Mary’s Centre (Telford) is a specialised healthcare facility for visually impaired ladies. Successful applicants will be required to have good communication skills and must satisfy all requirements under the HIQA Regulations with regard to Garda Vetting, References and all documentation required under Schedule 2 of the Health Act 2007 and HIQA Regulations. Applicants for Role of Multi-Task Relief Health Care Assistant should have the following:
- Third Level qualification in Social Care, Psychology, Community Care or Nursing
- Minimum qualification of FETAC level 5 or 6 in Social Care or Care of the elderly
• Experience of working in Disability Sector/ Care of the Elderly
• To promote and nurture Person Centred Planning and shared goal setting
• Ability to use own initiative
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills with ability to adapt to new environments
• Care planning Experience
• Report writing experience
• Knowledge and understanding of HIQA Disability standards and Regulations
• Knowledge and understanding of HIQA Care of the Elderly Standards and Regulations
• Fluent written and spoken English
• Basic Computer skills
• Manual and Patient handling
- Managing residents with responsive behaviour/Dementia
• Willingness to engage in Professional Development and Training
Appointees will be required to attend all mandatory training, any additional training appropriate to the service provided by the Centre and all required refresher training.
For enquiries and job description for the post of Multi-Task Relief Health Care Staff contact the Clinical Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit an application letter with a copy of your Curriculum Vitae with the names of two referees. Salary will be on the appropriate point of the HSE Scale for the position.
Closing date for applications: Friday 12th October 2018
St. Mary’s Centre (Telford) is an equal opportunities employer.