- Full Time
Windmill Healthcare has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Nursing to lead at Ferbane Care Centre, Gallen Priory, Ferbane, Co. Offaly.
Ferbane Care Centre is 61-bed facility, part of Windmill Healthcare- a boutique Nursing Home Group. Our premier Care Centre sits on extensive woodland gardens at the heart of Ferbane town.
This role is fully supported by our Clinical Director and also our Director of Quality and Safety.
- Demonstrate Governance & Leadership in the management of Ferbane Care Centre
- Ensure the provision of a high standard of care and service to the resident and their families
- Ensure compliance with HIQA Regulations.
- Promote and Oversee the delivery of holistic, person-centred care
- Oversee the delivery of care & services with all members of the multidisciplinary teams.
- Communicate with relevant teams regarding ongoing Ferbane Care Centre operations.
- Communicates with the residents, families and MDT members for all residents, relatives, and visitors on an on-going basis.
- Undertake the role and responsibilities of the Person-in-Charge in line with the Health Act 2007, related regulations and the Health information and Quality Authority (HIQA) standards.
- Ensure excellence in Governance, Management & Leadership
- Responsibility for the management of the team supported by the ADON.
- Facilitate Training & Education
- Implement and amend policies and procedures in line with current & guidelines
- Communication with external agencies
- Responsibility for Risk Management, Health & Safety, Management of Complaints & Incidents in line with company Policy.
- Create and promote open communications, healthy working relationships, and stimulate initiative among the team
- Motivate team members, by agreeing goals and objectives, through performance review
- The foregoing should not be considered exhaustive
• NMBI Registered Nurse
• Minimum of three years of nursing the older person’s in the last 6 years
• Has a minimum of 3 year’s management experience
• Management Qualification
• Engaged in continuous professional development
• Have in-depth knowledge of the ageing process
• Demonstrate sound knowledge and clinical nursing practice in Care of Older Persons
• In-depth knowledge of HIQA and compliance with the Health Act and working within HR law, EHO and relevant legislation governing nursing homes
What do we offer?
- High Basic Salary
- Excellent Bonus Scheme
- Company Laptop and Phone
- Pension Contribution Scheme
- 5 weeks Annual Leave
- Expense Account
- Financial Support for Further Education
- On-site parking
- Flexible working hours
Be part of our story... Apply Today!