- Full Time
The Brabazon Trust, part of the Protestant Aid group of charities, comprising a 51-bed nursing home with sheltered housing for up to 57 active residents is seeking to recruit a Director of Nursing. The Brabazon Trust is committed to maintaining and enhancing residents’ quality of life and providing a safe physical and emotional environment within a Christian ethos that fosters mutual respect for the rights, dignity and protection of the residents in our care. Our team is motivated to ensure that all residents and staff are happy and content. We recognise that decision-making capacity of residents is a fundamental right, enabling choice, independence and freedom. Our continual focus is to maintain high standards of nursing practice by facilitating and supporting continuous professional development among our staff.
The successful candidate will:
- Organise and manage the nursing operations in both the Nursing Home and Sheltered Housing and maintain the high standard of care and ethos for which The Brabazon Trust is renowned.
- Undertake the role and responsibilities of the Person in Charge, as laid down in the Health Act 2007 and related regulations and in compliance with the standards of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) and all other relevant legislation.
- Have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a senior management capacity in a health care setting.
- Have a recognised post registration management qualification in Health or related field.
- Have a background in and relevant experience in Gerontological nursing.
- Be able to demonstrate proven leadership, management, accountability and budgetary experience in a similar role, working with a large, highly skilled and flexible workforce and collaborate with other medical staff and healthcare professionals.
- Be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI).
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication and IT skills.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package, along with other benefit
To apply, please send your C.V. along with a detailed covering letter, addressed to:
The Chief Executive, Protestant Aid, 202A Merrion Road, Dublin, 4. Eircode - D04 R9W8
or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications: 28th September, 2022.
A detailed job description will be sent to applicants selected for interview. Applicants may be shortlisted on the basis of their application. Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date.