- Full Time
We are currently seeking an Assistant Director of Nursing who will contribute to delivering the high standards of care to our residents in Bridhaven Nursing Home.
Location: Mallow , Co Cork
What we offer you:
- Excellent rate of pay
- Subsidised meals on site
- Refer a friend bonus
- Free onsite parking
- 3 years experience in care of the older person at senior management level (minimum CNM1 level), preferably in a large centre.
- A management qualification in health or related field, desirable.
- Post graduate diploma in gerontology, preferable.
- Have in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements and regulatory inspection activity as they pertain to residential care centres.
- Have the ability to manage one’s own workload effectively while responding flexibly to new demands at short notice.
- Demonstrate an ability to embrace change and be committed to continuous improvement and learning throughout the residential care home.
- Have the skill to influence others, build constructive relationships and achieve outcomes.
- Promote an ethos and culture of quality assurance within the clinical area, identifying and establishing benchmarks and KPIs in consultation with the Director of Nursing.
- Be a Registered General Nurse.
- Be available to work flexible hours when required.
- In the absence of the Director of Nursing, will undertake the role and responsibilities of the Person-in-Charge in line with the Health Act 2007, related regulations and HIQA standards.
- Ensure that overall standards of hygiene and food safety are maintained at the highest level possible
- Participate in clinical management within the home in consultation with the DON including providing care to residents, communicating with residents/families/representatives, managing staff, monitoring performance and standards, developing policies and procedures, and delivering training.
- Coordinate the quality and safety system including all aspects of clinical risk management and resident involvement.
- Participate in coaching and appraisal of staff on a regular basis
- In consultation with HR, participate in grievance and disciplinary activities
- Coordinate, roster and manage staff in conjunction with the senior management team in the Home
- Lead by example a professional, punctual and dedicated team.
- Participate in the development of policies and standards for Bridhaven